- Ash Wednesday is March 5th. Mass is at 7:00 p.m.
- Confessions during Lent will be Saturdays 4:00-4:45 as hitherto.
- Please note that, because of time constraints and scheduling conflicts, there will not be a separate Reconciliation Service in Lent, no open house and no organized stations. We will publish the schedules of reconciliation services and stations at St. William's and St. Francis Xavier's.
- Darien Blessing of the Fleet is on April 13 - Palm Sunday. The Pastoral Council will say more about this.
- Palm Sunday is April 13. The 5:00 Saturday Mass will begin with the so-called "Small palm procession" in the church. The 10:00 Sunday Mass will begin with the Solemn Palm Procession IN THE PARISH HALL.
- Holy Thursday - April 17 - Mass of the Lord's Supper at 7:00 p.m. Washing of the Feet: Fr. Bob will wash the feet of some of the newest members of our parish community.
- Good Friday - April 18 - Commemoration of the Lord's Crucifixion - 3:00 p.m.
- Holy Saturday - April 19
- The GREAT EASTER VIGIL begins at 8:00 p.m. with the Bonfire of Easter in front of the church. Candles will be provided. Remember to bring bells to ring during the Gloria! During the Great Vigil, several new Catholics will be baptized and/or confirmed and receive their first Holy Communion. The schedule of readings will be set out shortly.
- First Communion - May 11 at 10:00 a.m. - Mother's Day! The First Communion Class will perform the May Crowning of the statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and will give flowers to all mothers present.
- Confirmation - May 29 - Ascension Thursday at 7:00 p.m.! Bishop Gregory Hartmayer will confirm two young members of our parish. We hope that the WHOLE parish will come to be part of this celebration.
- Pentecost - June 8 - Outdoor Mass at 10:00 a.m., followed by a Parish Picnic! Exact location to be announced.
- June 2014 - right after Ascension, the Building and Maintenance Committee will start the project of renewing the church's floor and pews. This will take several weeks. We may have to celebrate Mass in the Parish Hall for a few weeks - the Liturgy Commission and the Choir are working on making these temporary liturgical apces beautiful worthy and appropriate. (The Building & Maintenance Committee will say more about the project itself a bit later.)
At it's January meeting (Jan. 25, 2014) the Liturgy Commission also continued it's reading of the book, "The Liturgy Committee Handbook". We evaluated our celebration of Advent and Christmas, and briefly looked at our Masses during ordinary time. Our next meeting will be on April 26 (right after Easter).
The Nativity Liturgy Commission is a representative group of parishioners appointed by the Pastoral Council and Pastoral Administrator (Fr. Bob) to guide liturgical policy, coordinate big feasts and ensure a liturgy at Nativity that is worthy, proper, celebratory and reflective of our community. (mandate)