Monday evening we held a meeting to coordinate plans for our parish booth at Darien's Blessing of the Fleet, April 12-14, 2013. Things are coming along, but there is still much work to be done!
1. WORKERS NEEDED TO PREPARE THE FOOD
Our hard working food committee will be working all week in the parish hall to get the egg rolls (lumpias) and barbecue sticks ready on time. We need workers:
- Wednesday, April 3 from 10:00 to 4:30
- Thursday, April 4 from 10:00 to 4:30
- Friday, April 5 from 10:00 to 4:30
2. CALL FOR MATERIALS
We still need the following:
- bottled water - as much as possible
- tarps (for example, plastic sheeting) - to cover the tables at night
- propane tanks (preferably filled) - we could use as many as a dozen
3. BOOTH WORKERS NEEDED
This project is quite a challenge. It will take a big effort from the whole parish. We especially need volunteer workers for Friday night and Saturday night. Can you take a shift at the booth? The committee will show you what you need to do.
4. ECUMENICAL WORSHIP SERVICE ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10 AT 7:00 PM
The churches of McIntosh County are working hard to keep the "blessing" in the Blessing of the Fleet. Come pray with us! Place: First Credit Hill Baptist Church in Townsend. Preacher: Fr. Bob. Address: 4693 State Hwy 251
5. NEXT PLANNING MEETING: APRIL 11
The Pastoral Council will meet as regularly scheduled on Thursday, April 11 at 7:00 pm. This will be the final planning meeting / team meeting for our booth project! All parishioners are invited to attend.
Thank you for making Holy Week and Easter so special. You are truly a great parish!
Fr. Bob & Georg Trexler