We propose the following guidelines:
- Except in an emergency, any repair or maintenance expense greater than $100 needs the approval of the building committee.
- Any expense above $500 needs the approval of the Finance Council. [Editor's note: the Finance Council amended this to $1000.]
Future of the Parish Hall and Church Building
There has been some talk about expanding the parish hall, or even of making the church bigger. The building committee has been given the task of looking into this. Recognizing that increasing capacity has both a significant cost implication and a significant lead time, before proceeding any further the Committee wants to consider:
- What capacity social hall do we envision needing 2 years from now.
- What capacity social hall do we envision needing 5 years from now?
- Are there any other uses that need to be considered for this space (e.g. classroom, office, kitchen, storage)?
The building committee will have much more to say about this in the coming months.
Edited by Fr. Bob Showers