- The 2014 Bishop's Annual Appeal (BAA) begins in a few weeks! We talked about how we can run that campaign.
- First Communions will be celebrated on Mother's Day, May 11, 2014. This will involve our catechists, our Liturgy Commission, and many other people. The Pastoral Council will handle the reception as well as the recognition of the mothers of the parish.
- Confirmation will be on Thursday, May 29, 2014 (Ascension Thursday) at 7:00 p.m. This celebration will also involve the whole parish. We encourage as many parishioners as possible to participate together with our confirmands and our bishop. The Pastoral Council will plan the day's events before and after the liturgy itself, as well as coordinate the meeting with the bishop.
- Pentecost is on June 8. We propose an OUTDOOR MASS followed by a PARISH PICNIC. The Liturgical Commission will continue the planning.
- The Building & Maintenance Committee presented its plans for redoing the floor of the church. It's a big project and will require the we celebrate Mass elsewhere for several Sundays. After some discussion, we decided to begin the project in June of this year. This gives the B&M Committee, the Finance Council, the Liturgy Commission and the Parish Office time to prepare. (There will be more about this at the Town Hall Meeting)
- We also began planning our participation at this year's Blessing of the Fleet. Our proposal will be given at the Town Hall Meeting.
Nativity's Pastoral Council met on January 9, 2014. We hereby invoke a Nativity Town Hall Meeting on Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. - that is, after the 5:00 Mass - in the Parish Hall. This will serve as our general assembly or annual meeting.
The Parish Town Hall Meeting is a chance for the whole parish to hear what's going on, to contribute ideas, to make constructive criticism and to ask critical questions. The 5 central committees of the parish (Pastoral Council, Finance Council, Liturgical Commission, Building Committee and Catechist Group) will account for their stewardship in 2013. Future plans will be revealed and several big proposals will be laid on the table. You definitely do not want to miss this! (The agenda will be published at this link)
Here are some other highlights from the January meeting:
The online parish bulletin and message board of Nativity of Our Lady Catholic Church, Darien, Georgia, USA