- Dr. Oscar Brinckmann gave a report on the community food pantry "Five Loaves and Two Fishes". A summary of that report will be published here soon.
- The finance council reported on the parish guidelines it is developing.
- The Pastoral Council appointed the first members to the new Liturgy Commission, and proposed several more members. The commission will organize itself between now and Christmas and start its work in the new year. (See article in this week's bulletin)
- Catechists' report: we have 4 young people preparing for the sacrament of confirmation and one for first communion.
- We will repair the peeling paint in the hall.
ADVENT AND CHRISTMAS:
Our Advent Fair is December 1., 2012. Coordinators -
- Coordinator of volunteers: Gloria Whatley & pastoral council
- Yard sale: Jan Seavey
- Bake sale: Angie Spisak
- Craft Sale (Nifty Knitters): Daneen Brinckmann
- Advent wreathes: Jane Meyer
- Ornament workshop for children: confirmation candidates
- Advent Fare at the Advent Fair: to be determined
- Coffee and cookies: to be determined
- Advent meditations: Fr. Bob
- Advent presentations: Fr. Bob
- Advent music: Jake S. & choir
The parish will again have an angel tree for needy families in McIntosh county.
- The annual Parish Christmas Party is set for Saturday, dec. 15 following the 5:00 Mass. Further details to follow. Chairperson: Jan Seavey
- Cleaning of the church: Saturday, Dec. 22 in the afternoon. Coordinator: Nuris Copeland.
- MASS for the 4th Sunday of Advent: Dec. 22 at 5:00 p.m. and Dec. 23 at 10:00 a.m. (FLETC - tba)
- Decorating the church for Christmas: Sunday, Dec. 23 after Mass. Coordinator: Isabel Strafford.
- Christmas Eve, Monday, December 24th, 2012 - Carols start at 11:30 p.m., Mass at Midnight
- Christmas Day, Tuesday, December 25th, 2012 - Mass at 10:00 a.m. (No Mass at FLETC)
- Mass of the Holy Family: Sat., Dec. 29 at 5:00 p.m. & Sun., Dec. 30 at 10:00 a.m.
- Mass for New Year's Day: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.